Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weight Loss Challenge!!!

            Okay. I have been in a rut. A huge plateau. Lack of sleep, and a lull in motivation. I was talking to a good friend and she mentioned she wished there was a "Biggest Loser" weight loss challenge we could join and then she said we should start one. Well, I took the initiative and asked around on my personal facebook and my Mommy's Losing Rolls Facebook page gaging interest and there seemed to be a ton. Sooo...here it is!
The details of the challenge!
There are a few questions I need you all to answer.
           
-We need to decide on buy in amount...I was thinking $20???
-Decide on length of challenge...10-12weeks? I was planning on starting on Monday Feb. 4th and ending either April 15th(10 weeks) or April 29th(12 weeks).
-Money to me no later than the end of the first week! (Paypal transfers would be easiest for those I don't know personally) No money by end of first week...you are out of the challenge.
-No weight loss supplements or weight loss pills of any kind allowed !!!!
-Vitamins (multi, magnesium, Calcium, etc.) protein, etc. Okay... but this challenge is for those interested in a LIFESTYLE change. Healthy eating and exercise is all that is needed for all of us to be competitive and get healthy and fit together in the process!!!
-Winner will be based on percentage of weight lost so everyone has the same chance of winning.
-Weigh In's are mandatory once a week and there will be a deadline to get that to me.  If you miss that deadline 2 times you forfeit your money and are no longer in the running to win no matter what place you were in. 
-We will be posting weight and percentages just like in the real biggest loser. There's no shame in whatever your number is because we are all doing this for a reason and that is to get healthy and although this is a competition we are still here to support each other in that goal.  If everyone prefers I can make a private group that is just for the weight loss challenge members so it is a little more private since my page is public. 
-Once we are sure who is in fully, we will decide if we want to do a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize or just one big prize. 
-It is not part of the challenge but I encourage you all to take all your measurements before we start. Over 10-12 weeks you will be surprised by the changes you can make...I guarantee it. It will be a good bonus to look back and see how many inches you lost as well as the weight. (Before pictures are a great idea too!)
 Most of all, I would like you all to keep in mind that like I said before yes, this is a competition...but we are all participating for the same or similar reasons. Motivation and encouragement from others in the same boat can take you a long way in your journey to get healthy. I have benefited tremendously from the support I have received up to this point and I hope that we can all keep each other motivated and encouraged along the way during the competition.
Let's Do This!

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interested!! And maybe I'll get a scale just for this. My dad actually has an old school non-digital scale that isn't as clear, but could still work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in!!!!! How ever you want to run it count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in. What ever the details, costs....whatever count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do a Diet Bet. Check out their website. I am participating in one right now and it would make it so they run it, and the check and validate weights, and handle the money stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more information!

    ReplyDelete