Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

 
I hope you all had a great new year's eve. I partied it up hard core with my youngest kiddos in bed and my hubby not home. My 11 year old and I watched the pretty boring New Years Rockin Eve, and then toasted with some sparkling cider at midnight. I think this means I'm boring...or I'm old...or both. Either way, New years eve has never been a big night for me other than ringing in the new year with my family at home. If that makes me boring and old...I'm fine with that. Then immediately following midnight both my little ones woke up screaming because they got woken up by the barrage of really loud big fireworks pretty much right outside our windows. My poor sweet 12 month old was screaming and shaking she was so scared. Poor thing was hyperventilating. Luckily my 3 year old went right back to sleep after I shushed and covered him back up. The dang fireworks continued until about 12:45. UGH! I love fireworks, don't get me wrong. I love that the big ones are all legal here. I love them on 4th of July....NOT at midnight on new years. At least not while I have little babies that wake up when it sounds like our house is being bombed. Ha!
 
 
Well, as you know I was doing the plank challenge from FatChick2FitChick on Instagram. The #merryplanksmas challenge was a good motivator for me. I couldn't seem to push past that 03:17 mark with my plank and frankly hadn't been doing them much. This challenge was just what I needed to challenge myself! I made my goal to be able to do 04:00 by the end of December. Guess what??! I totally did it!!! Barely...but I did! I am going to keep on planking for January and try to hit 5 minutes. I really don't know if it's possible...because 4 minutes was extremely hard. We'll see! FatChick2FitChick posted another challenge for the month of January and it's a great one. Check out the details on her blog (linked above). It's Wall Sits!!! Check it out on Instagram, #HappyGluteYear and join in on the fun! I did my first one today...and I don't know what my goal will be time wise yet. I did a minute today...I think I will just try to improve my time every day and go as long as I can stand (Or sit, I guess...haha)!
 
 
How are you all doing today? Are you starting anything new in this new year?
 
My goal is to continue this journey to health.
There are a few specific things I need to refocus on though, and I guess I can consider those my "resolutions".
 
Here's to a happier and HEALTHIER New Year!
Welcome 2013!

2 comments:

  1. You have become a complete inspiration to me! Keep up the awesome work! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so great with the plank challenge. Look forward to following you with the wall sit challenge!

    ReplyDelete