Friday, December 28, 2012

After Christmas Update and New Goals.

Well the holiday season is slowly coming to a close. How have you all done during this season of sweets treats shared with company and traditional breakfasts and feasts? I managed to make it through without a gain! I actually had a .6lb loss Christmas morning and didn't lose anything the next day, but didn't gain either. Pretty sweet!
 
I have had a hard time since December 1st. I lost 18.9 lbs in the 10 weeks before during my biggest loser challenge and then not a dang ounce in 17 days! I finally lost another lb taking me down to 182 around the 18th. I guess 31 lbs was a plateau point for me? I have to admit though that if I had got my fat butt moving a little more I might not have been having issues. I have hardly gotten any cardio in the last few weeks. I need to quit making excuses...but it's hard! My husbands schedule SUCKS! Seriously. I feel like I never have a second to myself...and when I do it's because I lock myself in the bathroom to go pee in peace for a minute. Literally. Lol. I try to get up before my kids to hop on my elliptical...but inevitably they wake up within minutes of me getting on. Even at 5 am. The past few morning my son has woken up at 4:30. That makes for a really long day. To do anything later in the day I wait for naptime or I wait for hubby to be able to watch the kids. Ha. Then it is already dark out and I don't feel safe running outside in the dark. Plus it's rainy. Lol. EXCUSES need to stop. I need to just figure something out. My kids habits will always continually change and I need to be able to change my routine when they change theirs. I need to suck it up and workout even if it ends up being 10pm before I can. Flip on my DVR and push the elliptical in front of the TV and go at it. Biggst loser starts again Jan. 6th...this season I told myself I would workout while watching it! :) That is my goal. 
 
I have been getting some strength exercise in however. I have been doing the Pilate's workout I posted a few weeks ago and still working on my planks. There is a challenge on Instagram called #merryplanksmas and I am going to try and hit 4 minutes by the end of the month. I am finally getting close! I have a few more days to make it. It's going to be tough though!  I have also been using my Sworkit app for short circuit training/strength stuff. I love that app because you choose what body part you want to work and how long you have and it gives you a workout even if it's only 5 minutes. It's great. Check it out. It's free too!
 
I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 180! 34lbs down! I am so close to being in the 170's! YAY! I haven't been in the 170's in at least 7 years...maybe 8! Once I hit 179 I will be at my half way point for my goal weight. Awesome. I also have 3 lbs to go until my next mini goal of 177. Which I wanted to be at by my birthday because calculating 1.5 lb a week loss when I started put me close. If I lose 1.5 the next 2 weeks I can do it! 177 is what I weighed the day I deliver my oldest. 11 years ago. Crazy. It's kinda sad that I had to lose 37lbs to get to a weight I had to gain 35lbs to get to! Oh well. It's progress for me to get to that weight and I am excited to pass it by!
 
I have been trying to think of what my next mini goal should be. I think the lightest I have been in the past 11 years is 163....which was literally probably 11 years ago because I never got past that post partum after my first pregnancy and that was probably at about 6 weeks post partum. I am going to make 162 my next mini goal which will put me at my lightest since having my first baby 11 years ago! I am very excited to get to this mini goal. It will put me at 52lbs lost and will put me 18lbs from my goal weight of 144 which is what I weighed when I got pregnant with my oldest/married.
 
I have some pictures I am going to post of me at different weights and I will do that soon. Probably in the next few days. Stay tuned!
 This was my plank the other day! I am SO close to my 4 minutes!
 
 Another pants size down. These are Juniors 15's (and they aren't even stretchy ones!)
 
I was in 18's when I started...stretchy 18's at that...and they were super tight! Pretty soon I will have to do some pants shopping. Not my favorite activity...shopping for clothes in general I loathe. Can anyone else relate?
 

2 comments:

  1. WHOOO HOOO FABULOUS WORK!!! Keep up the great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well, and are so motivated! I'm so proud!

    Keep up the good work. Plateaus are so discouraging, but you'll break through it and then keep moving down. Great job, especially during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete