Wednesday, October 24, 2012

12 Weeks + 20 LBS!!!

It's been 12 weeks since I started this journey of losing these rolls!!!
 
I have been doing pretty well. I have been feeling good about my food choices for the most part. I haven't been feeling deprived. I haven't been feeling super hungry. I have logged on Myfitnesspal everything I'm eating...even when I have slipped and eaten a few mallow creme pumpkins (Darn Fall candy!). The key is making sure I still log it so I know how many calories I ate...and trying to make better choices the rest of the day. I haven't slipped up much and eaten a lot of sweets and felt guilty later though...and for me that's progress! I have a hard time after kids go to bed! I have started grabbing a big glass of water to sit and watch whatever show I'm trying to catch up on before bed. It has helped me feel full and not need to munch. Such a bad habit to snack and watch TV! Why do I even have that habit?! Here's to breaking that habit once and for all! Also I have been going to bed earlier...which also curbs the late night snacking. It's hard though...I'm a night owl.
 
Working out has been going well. I have still been hopping on the elliptical for 30-40 minutes a day. Although when I had out of town guests for a week I didn't get on it once! Yikes. I felt a little winded when I started back up. Not really winded, but I was tired by 30 minutes and I hadn't been feeling like that. My exercise goal for the next month is to do 30+ minutes a day on the elliptical and at least 10 minutes of pilates 4 times a week. I found a great workout series called on YouTube called PopPilates. On top of that continuing my strength work out including my planking, push ups, squats and weights.
 
I took all my measurements again the other day when I hit my 20LB loss.

20.4 loss! :)
 
 
I have lost 32 inches overall in 12 weeks! Totally Amazing to me! First off that I had that many inches ready to come off that fast. Second off...I wonder how many inches it will be overall when I reach my big goal!
 
Here are my comparison pictures!
 
It's crazy motivating the huge difference in just 20lbs and 32 inches! I am so excited to see what the difference will be with the next 20lbs!!!
 


 
 I was telling my hubby this morning when I made the collages that I don't feel like I notice that much of a difference. I know I've lost the weight and inches but I don't feel like it looks as dramatic as it does in the pictures. I guess that is just one more reason I didn't really get off my lazy butt and do something about it before I saw pictures of us on vacation and how awful I felt I looked. I have so much more energy. I walk faster. I jog to the school with the stroller because I can without feeling like I'm gonna die! Lol. I feel healthier...but I don't necessarily feel smaller.
 
A few days ago my mother in law told me I needed smaller jeans when we were at my eldest basketball game. They are definitely too big and looked pretty silly. Normally I wear my jeans twice before I wash them. Well I had only had them on for a couple hours and they were falling off as I walked. Lol. I tried on a bunch of jeans 3 weeks ago and my size smaller than when I started were too small. They gave me crazy muffin top. Well I didn't think they would fit yet..but I tried them on again and they fit perfectly! One size smaller than that I couldn't even close to zip up three weeks ago...but I could zip and button them. I had wicked muffin top but in a couple more weeks I will be able to wear them! YAY! I went from wearing maternity jeans still when I started this journey (YA 8 months post partum I was still wearing them!What?!) and 18's were too tight. Now 16's (and junior 17's) fit nicely. They are a little loose in the thigh even...but my big belly gets in the way of going smaller. Awesome c section/fat momma belly hangover. Boo. Hopefully keeping up my weight loss and strength will pull it up more and more. That is my biggest fear is the flap not disappearing. Can any of you other mommas relate? Experience? Did it go away as you lost weight?!!!
 
I am now 193...21lbs down!!! I am almost out of the 190's. Crazy awesome! I can't tell you how excited that makes me. My next short term loss goal is 177. If I continue to lose 1.5 a week like I have been I can be .5lbs past that by my birthday in 11 weeks! I haven't been that weight since 2005/2006!!! Also if I keep up the 1.5lbs a week I could be at or very close to my goal by mid June! Woohoo!
 
Thank you everyone for following my journey and supporting and encouraging me. It means a lot!
 
If you are new to my blog please check out my first two posts here and here and please subscribe and leave me a comment :)
 
Add me on Myfitnesspal...mommie_Tay
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. again, awesome job!! I 100% understand the "I dont feel any smaller" feeling... I also feel the act same...Our minds plays evil tricks on us! ... but I am starting to notice smaller changes, like when I cross my legs, my legs hang a little differently bc my legs are smaller... Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing such an amazing job and girl, you look great!!! Isn't it awesome to have extra energy and being able to fit into those pants you weren't able to before??? :) I also have that c-section hang and i hate it. I absolutely hate it. I have been doing the 30 Day Shred and sometimes it feels better - {mornings) - but it is my biggest problem area, for sure. Let me know if you hear any tricks on how to expedite taking that away :) GOOD JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I have Nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! To find more info go to my blog and check it out here.
    http://mom2texas.blogspot.com/

    When you finish make sure to comment and let me know its posted so I can check yours out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... Your loss looks like more than 20 lbs! That's amazing.. I'm about 12 weeks in too and have lost ~10 lbs. Keep up the great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great!! I have a yuck hangover with NO csection! It does get smaller with weight loss but i still have weight to loose so I cant tell you if it goes away. That is my biggest thing I hate about myself now is that! You are beautiful keep it up! :)
    Trisha Weston

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like more than 20 pounds!!! That's awesome!!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete