YES!
I have made progress!
More than I was expecting or had hoped for!
I was kind of surprised the other day when I decided to take a few measurements because I was feeling a little difference in my midsection and my lovely sister mentioned how much slimmer my face looked and told me "you can see your dimples better" Ha!
Well She was right my face has slimmed down...I had noticed but was waiting to see if other people would notice too. I have actually lost 8 lbs since I started! I am still only planning on one to one and a half pounds per week so the 8 lbs this month is definitely motivation.
I fell off the 30 Day Shred bandwagon after day 2. I was doing it while M was in her swing and it wasn't happening. She screamed the last 10 minutes the first day...making it super hard to concentrate and finish. The second day she screamed for about 15 minutes. Ya. No way I can do that. The plan is to get her sleeping in her crib for her morning nap and doing 30 DS while shes up there. I am going to wait until C starts school next week so we can get back into some sort of routine. For now I am doing my elliptical for 20-25 minutes every morning and then doing strength stuff later during afternoon nap. Planks are my number one challenge right now. I am trying to work towards being able to hold it for 2 minutes! Planks are tough...especially since I'm pretty weak and out of shape. I am trying to get used to some burpees too. Both of those are pretty full body exercises.
Since I stopped and didn't do the 30 DS I'm kind of glad I decided to take measurements again so I could have another starting reference for inches lost doing it.
Here is what my measurements were the other day. I made a note in my phone.
I actually measure my neck after this and it has gone from 15 1/2 in. to 14 1/2 in.
`YAY for progress! I am very excited for month two progress since I really just started actually working out this last week! How many inches can I lose this month?! :)
Still logging on MyFitnessPal if any of you log with MFP please leave me your name so I can add you and we can help each other stay honest!
That's so awesome!! Congrats!! Jillian Michaels is my enemy. I only did about 4 of the level one workouts before I called it quits. I can't do any DVD workouts. I need to get out of my house and do stuff!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, keep it up girl! I can't wait to see mow much more progress you make at the end of Sept!! :)
I love this ab workout I found on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/183943966001152410/
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of planks, but it works!
Keep it up! I lost you mfp screen name mine is awak3ned add me!
ReplyDeleteExciting! Congratulations, and keep up the good work! You should be proud of yourself!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job!! Keep up the great work!!
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend getting back to 30 DS when you can...that DVD changed my life. I started with that when I lost 50 lbs last year, it was so hard when I started, I had just had a baby and could not even do jumping jacks. By the end of 30 Days it was a piece of cake, I moved up to level 2 and quickly to level 3. Since then I have done nearly every video that she has and own about 4 of them. I have tried many other people, but she just works for me, she expects me to do it and not give up and it is always worth it at the end. I have been struggling to get the last of weight off but I, too, started keep track on MFP and that has been great. I also increased my workouts to 45 min (from 30), 6 days/week. The biggest thing I did to help me with my workouts is working out almost every day each week. I have gotten to a point where it is just a routine, like taking a shower, brushing your teeth, you just do it everyday, and that way you don't talk yourself out of it, it just isn't a decision. Good Luck and just keep yourself grounded, it will take a long time but you are so worth it!
ReplyDeleteYou've gotten me all excited!! Please find me on ny fitness pal as RananaC. I want to learn from those that have been successful!!
ReplyDelete