Saturday, August 25, 2012

SOOO out of Shape & Motivation

Well. I feel like I have been neglecting to keep this as my journal.
But...Kids and family are first.
 
I have been doing well I think. As of Tuesday I have lost 7 lbs. (well, 6.9...but who cares! Lol)
I have 3 lbs until I reach my weight when I got pregnant with E! I have been thinking about some short term big goals I want to set. I think I have some pretty good ones.
 
In June the hubs and I will being going on a vacation...just the two of us....to one of my best friends destination wedding! Fun, exciting, awesome....SCARY! Lol. It is scary for me for more than a few reasons. First off I will be leaving all 3 kids. That will be a tough one. Miss M will only be 18 months. I know that seems plenty old enough...but it will be for a week! That's a long time! I think the boys will do OK...but I am still worried about them too. I have a lot of things to figure out on that front before June...but I have 10 months. Plenty of time for that. 10 Months! It's only 10 months away and I am supposed to be at a beach....in a bathing suit....AHHHH! 
 
It's OK. It's fabulous motivation to get my flabby belly toned and my floppy arms shaped up...and lift my butt where it's supposed to be...and get my thighs trimmed down so I don't get chub rub when I walk down the beach after sitting in the sand with my handsome guy.
 
 
I am actually excited for this challenge. I super excited for my friend who is getting married. I am excited they finally settled on the actual destination (they were having quite a time with it). I am excited to spend time with my friends (we were three amigos pretty much in hs) who we haven't been together in 6 years! I am excited about being a witness to another friends love and commitment to her man (this will be the 6th wedding I have been a bridesmaid in!) Good thing I'm married or I might be on my way to being like that girl in the movie 27 Dresses. Ha!
 
I have to say though. I'm pretty darn excited about a trip with my hubs. We never really had a honeymoon. I mean...we did...ish. But we went to a small little place north of our home town...and that wasn't even the plan. It was nice...and wonderful for the two days we stayed...and we made wonderful memories that we tried to share with C the few times we went there before we moved away. It was just not really a honeymoon like we both would imagine. We say all the time..."why didn't do this...or go here...or there?" We were young, in school, and poor! Now is the time! We have a perfect opportunity while we go to be with a friend to witness their love to celebrate our own! :) We will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary less than a month before the trip! Perfect timing.
 
Anyway. A little off track...but you can see that I have a little motivation to get things done! I want to look great on the beach with my hubby. I want to get a good chunk of this weight off. I want to tone up and be able to wear a cute suit...not a mommy moomoo. I have 43 weeks! If I lose 1 lb a week I can lose 43 lbs before we leave! YES! I can do it! If I lose 43 lbs before the trip I will weigh 164. I will still have exactly 20 lbs until I reach my goal weight...but 164 by the trip would be fantastic!
 
I figured out some big short term goals this last week.
 
  1. Get under 200...199! This has not happened since before our last miscarriage in 2008!
  2. Lose 3 inches in my belly measurement! Hoping this will happen in 30 days when I finish my first rotation of the 30 Day Shred.
  3. Finish every day of the 30 Day Shred! Today is day 2.
  4. Reach 177! Random number I know. This number is significant to me because it is what I weighed the day I delivered C! Yikes! Ridiculous! How in the heck do I weigh 30lbs more today that I did when I delivered C almost 11 years ago??!!! Reality hit me when I was thinking about short term goals. This will be a big one for me. Once I reach this one I will be shopping for a goal swimsuit for the trip!
 
I am thinking I will add more short term goals as I complete these and as I think of more. I'm sure more will come up as I get closer to each goal.
 
 
As mentioned above I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday.
Ya. Um. YUCK! Lol.
I seriously thought I was going to pass out at about 15 minutes. When she said back to 2 minutes of cardio the last time I wanted to throw my 3 lb weight at the TV! HA!
In all honesty though. I made it through. I almost passed out but...I Did It! I can continue to do it because the first day should be the worst and it should be easier from here on out. If I can do it on the day I started...so incredibly out of shape...every day should get better...even if it still makes me feel like passing out...I can finish. I can hang with that crazy woman as she reminds me with every jumping jack, butt kicker, squat, push up, etc. how fat I am and why I need to get through it. It's only 20 minutes. No pain no gain!  I am actually excited to see how much all this sweat and heavy breathing changes my body. It has been way to long since I worked out and I feel good today. Sore, but good. I will keep updating my progress on this. Wish me luck!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. That is great motivation! ;) I am ready for this chalange too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO get em!!! It's hard to start, but once you are in a groove and a routine, it's not that hard to stop. Plus the results you will see will be motivation enough!

    The trip sounds EXCITING! We never really had a honeymoon either. I'm still waiting for my trip to Europe or Hawaii or even a cruise. Maybe that will happen for our 10th (which is still 2.5 years away!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have a honeymoon either, but I do hope to have one soon! I'm so excited for you to begin this journey and for the progress you've already made! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on losing 7 pounds!! That is awesome! You'll be under 200 in no time! I did day 4 today of the shred. I'm really liking it and hope to see some good results too. Can't wait to hear how the first 30 days go for you.

    I'm so excited for you about the trip. You'll miss your babies, but you will have a fantastic time with your hubby! You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany, this is the first time I have seen your blog...you are giving me the chills and my eyes are slightly welling up! I guess I'm just so happy for you and extremely excited to see how this goes for you. It seems like you are incredibly motivated to finish this and it's not just another "dream" to lose weight that most people don't do anything about. I admire you for your bravery by making this all so public! You are an amazing person and I seriously can't wait to read your future posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete