Thursday, August 9, 2012

Slow and Sick.

Well. I have been super sick the last week. Nasty cough, bright green phlegm, sore throat, body aches, ect. Blah! Needless to say I have not exercised in that time. I have not been eating bad though...and that is a big thing. I am slowly starting to feel better and hoping to get in some intense cardio this afternoon.

My main goal at the moment is to figure out a routine for getting my cardio in. I guess if I can get a couple 10 minute cardio sessions in a day I will be much better off than getting none at all! Hoping to start getting M napping in her crib upstairs for her morning nap very soon and E can exercise with me during her nap. I think he will get a kick out of jumping around with me. It will be good for both of us. C starts school in a few weeks so we will be back into some sort of routine there too. Planning on walking to and from school...at least until it starts raining too much. I don't want to count the walking as my exercise for the day though. I want to find somewhere to do some drop in classes as well. Maybe Zumba? Water Aerobics? Something! I think I need out of the house kidless for sure. Haha.

I actually lost 4 lbs. since I started. That is pretty good I guess since I am nursing. That's one thing I want to make sure I keep in mind. This WILL be slow. I cannot plan on losing more than 1 1/2 lb a week since I am still nursing. I plan on nursing until she is 2 or until she self weans...so another year and a half or there abouts. Even if I lose 1 lb a week I can still reach my goal in about 18 months. Wow. saying that seems like such a long time! It has crept on and stayed on though and I know it won't magically melt off...especially while doing it healthily and adopting a new lifestyle not fad dieting.

I need to make a few short term loss goals. I will need to think about that for awhile because I want to have a few lined up. My first goal is an easy one though. 

GET BELOW 200!

 Right now I have about 10 lbs until I reach that goal.  I will think on this a little the next few days and post again when I figure some other short term goals out.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd say go with the Zumba classes. I have the DVDs but I can't follow through too much with them because I have bad knees so I do what I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm looking forward to following you on this journey and maybe we can help to motivate and inspire each other. I was doing really well with running but haven't done much in the last month. My clothes are getting tighter and I'm not happy! I really like Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred. I've done it a few times and really want to work on doing it at least 3 times a week. I see that you're already following Mama Laughlin. I was going to suggest her blog. She's a huge inspiration and pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I also have a running/fitness blog that I'm trying to keep updated and use it as a place to record my goals and achievements.
    http://renesrunningadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete